HTML to XML

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 09:48:12 BST 1998

At 20:30 15/07/98 -0400, David Megginson wrote:

>We desperately need a SAX parser that parses HTML instead of XML --
>any takers?

I agree completely.

The SwingSet (from com.sun.java) has HTML functionality. I'm not sure
exactly what, but it can read in HTML and render it. Since Swing is very
well written (and based in part on SGML ideas) it wouldn't surprise me if
much of what we want is hidden within it. There is a list for Swing at
http://www.eos.dk/archive/swing - perhaps someone could ask.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg