HTML to XML

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jul 16 12:07:08 BST 1998

* David Megginson

>We desperately need a SAX parser that parses HTML instead of XML --
>any takers?

It seems that Anders Kristiansen already has done this, his HEX
(HTML-Enabled XML parser) claims to parse both HTML and XML. I
haven't checked the level of support, but it might be useful, and
the current version supports the old SAX draft. (He's stated in
private email that he probably will release a version with a SAX
1.0 driver.)

The URL is <URL:http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/ak/java/hex.html>

Feedback on how useful the program is would be appreciated, so
that my coverage of this parser on my XML tools list could be
improved.

--Lars M.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)