EDI

chris m hinds chris.m.hinds at mail.sprint.com
Sat Jul 18 01:58:57 BST 1998

Xml-dev listeners:
      I was reading the July 13th issue of Network World and ran across
an XML article on page 6 regarding a software product that will bridge
the gap between EDI and XML.  In this article, it suggests that XML was
"concocted somewhat as a replacement for EDI."  Is this true?  Although
I'm an XML novice, I have read quite a few of the XML tutorials and FAQs
and have never seen EDI mentioned.  I am in the process of writing a
basic whitepaper on XML, however, and want to be sure my information is
correct.

Thanks,

Chris Hinds
Technology Deployment (Internet Research)
Sprint

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)