Javadoc comments or equivalent in XSchema

John Cowan cowan at locke.ccil.org
Sun Jul 19 03:46:01 BST 1998

Peter Murray-Rust scripsit:
> I think the idea of 'inheritance' in documents is substantially different
> from that in software. There are already ideas of 'inheritance' or scoping
> in the xml:lang attribute and also in attributes in XLink. This is very
> intimately connected with namespaces and I'd wait for the next draft of
> that before doing too much in this area. [By all means go ahead and
> experiment, but be warned that this is a tough area!]

XML-Data inheritance is different from the sense of "inheritance" in
"inherited attributes".  An element A inherits from another element B iff:

	1) it is said to do so;
	2) every attribute in B exists also in A, and with a compatible
		attribute type;
	3) the required content of B is a subset of the required
		content of A.

John Cowan					cowan at ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)