[Q] How should SAX support Namespaces?

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Mon Jul 20 22:43:14 BST 1998

David,

Welcome back.

#3 is the obvious choice for me.  In my own little experimental version, I
also added following method to the DocumentHandler interface:

void namespace (String ns, String src, String prefix);

I added the above method because it is annoying for SAX clients to parse the
namespace PI data into three attributes.  Since parsers already have the
code, why not leverage it?

BTW: DOM spec update is out everyone.  Free-DOM will follow soon (tonight or
tommorrow).

Best,

Don Park
CTO/Docuverse