att="sé1"

Steve Withall stevew at access.com.au
Mon Jun 1 02:31:54 BST 1998

Patrice,

The DOM itself clearly does not support getting back the original value - but Attribute (in Java) is just an interface, so implementations of it can add extra features. DOM appears to be designed for relatively simple end user manipulation of a document, not the more complex tasks involved in, say, authoring.

I have just modified an 'Attribute' class of my own to implement the DOM interface, and my class does more than the DOM interface (for example, it stores the whitespace in and around the attribute.) It seems to work quite well: you can use purely the DOM interface if you wish, and call the extra methods if you need to do more.

Regards, Steve.

At 18:38 30/5/98 +0200, Patrice Bonhomme wrote:

><hi/>
>
>An Attribute value, within the DOM interface, is a String. But i could have
>this :
>	<S id="s&eacute;1">
>
>And i want to restore the original attribute value (s&eacute;1) when i save my
>file.
>
>Is it possible for the Attribute class to extend either the ContainerNode
>class or the NodeList class ?
>
>Anyone investigate this feature ? Need some help.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pat.
>--
>  ==============================================================
>  bonhomme at loria.fr               |      Office : B.228
>  http://www.loria.fr/~bonhomme   |      Phone  : 03 83 59 30 52
>  --------------------------------------------------------------
>   * Serveur Silfide  : http://www.loria.fr/projets/Silfide
>   * Projet Aquarelle : http://aqua.inria.fr
>subscribe xml-dev-digest
>List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)

Steve Withall
Systems Architect                            Tel: 61 2 9957 1036
Access Systems Research Pty. Limited         Fax: 61 2 9959 5111
Level 10, 20 Berry Street
North Sydney NSW 2060                        Email: stevew at access.com.au
Australia                                    http://www.access.com.au

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)