C++ XML Class Lib

David Megginson ak117 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Jun 2 22:16:32 BST 1998

Schaefer, Don writes:

 > Does anyone know of a C++ XML Class Lib that can be utilized on Solaris as
 > well as NT?  Is there one that validates as well?

You should try James Clark's SP library (http://www.jclark.com/sp/),
which supports both SGML and XML -- it even comes with a precompiled
DLL for Windows victims, but it also compiles cleanly under Linux,
Solaris, and HPUX (the three that I've tried).

For years, SP has been hidden at the heart of a surprisingly large
number of major SGML systems, and since James is a member of the W3C
XML and XSL working groups, you can be trust that he'll keep the XML
support up-to-date.

The good news: it's free (not GPLed), even for commercial use.

The bad news: it's very complex C++, and there's _no_ documentation
  (not even many source-code comments) except for one very simple,
  high-level parsing interface.  There is an SP mailing list, however,
  so you can get help from other users.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com