ANN: Draft Sildeset for Links and Relations in XML

Ingo Macherius macherius at darmstadt.gmd.de
Fri Jun 5 19:03:33 BST 1998

Hello,

I've prepared a *DRAFT* set of slides in PDF that deal with XML
Linking, RDF an related fields. I'm looking for volunteers to review
them and hopefully (not ;) to correct them. When I'm sure that there
are no serious misunderstandings or errors and I haven't left out
something, I'll release the slides under GPL.

Things I'm not sure of (Numbers reflect slide numbers)

4 : Is the notation urn:http://foo.com/ correct ?
6 : What really is the difference between document and group ?
  : Do you consider the visualization an oversimplification ?
7 : Any idea how to generally visiualize the concept of a
    link without discriminating inline/off-line and simple/extended ?
  : May a locator really be a link of type locator ?
9 : Have I missed a feature ?
10: Formalisms tend to be erroneous, please check.
11:    "         "   "  "      "       "      "  .
12: Maybe someone has a good summary of the state of discussion ?

Disclaimer:
The material reflects my personal understanding only and may be
completely wrong. Commercial use is prohibited. The given URL is
certain to change soon, so don't link now. Please don't ask how PDF
is displayed or the like :)

Thanks,
	++im
--
Ingo Macherius//Dolivostrasse 15//D-64293 Darmstadt//+49-6151-869-882
GMD-IPSI German National Research Center for Information Technology

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)