LISTRIVIA (was RE: Question about Architectures and Versioning)

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 02:25:13 BST 1998

At 13:42 14/06/98 -0400, Reginald Braithwaite-Lee wrote:
>So quoth Rzepa, Henry on 6/14/98 4:41 AM via h.rzepa at ic.ac.uk:
[...]
>You mean the archive ISN'T aqn XML application? You can't simply log on
>with your XML-savvy browser and filter out the material you don't want?
>
>I'm dismayed. dissapointed. dejected. downhearted.

We discussed some time ago about turning the XML-DEV hypermail archive into
XML and someone (can't remember whom) made an offer. It's only a matter of
cryptanalysis on the HTML that the hypermail emits - should be an easy
weekend. Volunteers would be very welcome.

Clearly the time will shortly come when e-mail is also XML-ised - we have
also discussed this on XML-DEV. When people start sending XML e-mails to
XML-DEV then we shall capture them with glee (well, not quite, as we don't
own the server - but the thought is there).

This is actually an excellent project for anyone who wants to learn XML - a
nice mixture of structure and text.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg