Cross linking inside XSchema documentation? (XSchema Spec Section 2.6)

Jarle Stabell jarle.stabell at dokpro.uio.no
Tue Jun 30 20:14:10 BST 1998

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>2.6.1 Documentation Extensions
>
>Human-readable documentation for XSchemas should be provided using the Itsy
>Bitsy Teeny Weeny Simple Hypertext format created by John Cowan.  The full
DTD
>is available at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/ibtwsh.dtd.  Documentation
that
>uses portions of the IBTWSH format may be included in the XSC:Doc element, a
>subelement available to all declarations.  The XSC:Doc element provides
basic
>formatting options for XSchema documentation.

I wonder how one should make (possible) hyperlinks in the doc to other
items inside the XSchema, something "equivalent" to the below:

Doc for ElementX:
-------------------
"ElementX is for purpose X, it is quite similar to
<ElementName>ElementY</ElementName>, but differs a bit, especially the
attribute <AttributeName>AttributeInX</AttributeName> is very different
from the corresponding <AttributeName
Element="ElementY">AttributeInY</AttributeName> in
<ElementName>ElementY</ElementName>."

Using something like this makes it easy to strip the "hyperlinks" away, or
to convert/process them into real hyperlinks in the end-product documentation.
(An XSchema viewer/editor could of course render them as hyperlinks directly)

Does there already exist a standard way of doing this?

Cheers,
Jarle Stabell

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)