build breaks

Istvan Cseri istvanc at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 2 19:06:10 GMT 1998

I'd like to ask everybody to be a little bit more careful with checkins. I
know that we are in crunch mode and there doesn't seem to be enough time but
believe me, we waste more time with build breaks than the time you think you
save by not checking in properly. Over the weekend whenever I ssync-ed (3
times) either the normal build was broken or OMTEST didn't run or some other
problem. I just ssync-ed again and now I get a memory leak in OMTEST which
didn't happen at 1 am in the morning !

You should build the 'normal' version before you check in. This is without
the new defines like NEWPARSER, ELEMENTNODE, SLOTNEW etc. This also includes
the retail build !

You have to run the DRT tests (xml\exe\test\runtest and
xml\omtest\test\runtest and xsl\drt\exe\runtest). This includes both for
retail and debug.

I asked this more times than I care to remember. Please let me or Phani know
if you don't want to follow these procedures but otherwise I assume we
agreed on this (like a couple times before !).

Thanks, Istvan

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)