Need good approach for XML-based presentations

Henry Thompson ht at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 19:06:42 GMT 1998

James Weaver asks about XML for presentation and re-use:

I have been doing exactly what you describe for about six months.
I use a simple XML dtd, plus 2+1/2 style sheets.  One XSL (translated
into DSSSL using XSLJ (shameless plug :-)) goes from my XML to RTF in
a form which Powerpoint is happy with.  One+one-half (DSSSL with a
switch for RTF/HTML) outputs to RTF or HTML as you prefer, for print
or web delivery.  It saves me HUGE amounts of time, I use it for
everything now.  And now with XED (another plug :-) I virtually never
have XML errors in the documents I produce.  See my home page for
pointers to the tools, I'll package up the stylesheets and dtd in

  ftp://ftp.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/pub/ht/xmldoc.zip

in just a minute.

ht
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht at cogsci.ed.ac.uk

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)