Relational Tables and structured document

NICHOLAS RYBERG NRYBERG at email.usps.gov
Tue Mar 24 21:42:55 GMT 1998

     While I agree that concurrent access would be painful to implement, I
     don't feel that editing particular records, per se, in a XML doc would
     be all that difficult.

     If not this, what else is a random access file for?

     From a purely procedural point of view, I would guess that you'd have
     to:

     1) Make the changes to the text of the particular record you're
     working on

     3) Replace the text in that one particular line

     4) Badda-bing!  Save it, and you're done.

     Am I being hopelessly naive about this?

     - Nick Ryberg