XML as middle ware between CORBA and COM

John Tigue john at datachannel.com
Sun Mar 29 09:22:28 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon St.Laurent <SimonStL at classic.msn.com>
Subject: XML as middle ware between CORBA and COM

>Sorry for the cross-post, but this seems appropriate to both XML-Dev and a
>discussion about XML's (un)suitability for object communications that's
been
>on XML-L.

<CrosspostApology />

I've been writing a lot of code which proves that XML works just fine for
software component object inter-communication and in some ways is even
superior to current systems (even if it weren't better, how else would you
do such things in a Web-native fashion if not in XML). As a result of my
research I have published a few DTDs related to such matters. They can be
found at: http://xml.datachannel.com/WebBroker/DTDs.html I presented my
findings at the XML Conference in Seattle last week. A presentation slide
show is at http://xml.datachannel.com/public/presentation/XMLSeattle/

I am currently reving the proof of concept code to match the DTDs (at this
point the code does things wellformedly, but not in a way that is
validatable to the DTDs plus the code is just plain ugly to look at and ugly
to use). I'll announce when the code is ready for public display shortly but
I believe the DTDs speak for themselves (WebBroker is an implementation and
the DTDs are the 'API'; they are seperate issues).

I welcome any feedback on the DTDs. The WebBroker is a specific application
of XML and I don't really know if discussing it belongs on this list but I
had to respond to the above posting.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)