Experimenting with Namespaces - DTDs?

Andrew n marshall amarshal at usc.edu
Mon Mar 30 20:07:07 BST 1998

On Monday, March 30, 1998 8:40 AM, Chris Smith [SMTP:smith at interlog.com]
wrote:
. . . SNIP . . .
> However, this doesn't 'allow' the 'dsig:dsig' entry to appear. If you
> have a validating parser, this should (?) show up as an error.

I've been looking at the namespace spec and have come to beleive that it
cannot be wholly useful until mean for element inheritance is developed.
 If that was the case, then it should be possible to create a new element
that inherits the syntax AND the use of elements from other namespaces.

In addition, I think the namespace issue has problems when an application
attempts to pull attributes out from their original context, a particular
element in another namepsace, and use them somewhere else.

I will repost my letter I wrote to the authors of the namespace spec to the
xml-dev listserv.

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm