RFD: comp.text.xml

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sun May 3 12:46:28 BST 1998

At 14:28 03/05/98 +0800, James K. Tauber wrote:

>A couple of points:
>
>1. The proposal of comp.text.xml in no way is to be taken as a negative
>comment on xml-dev or any other mailing list. I love xml-dev.

Thanks :-).  I didn't take it as negative. I posted primarily because one
posting could be read to give the wrong impression of the role of XML-DEV.
Our intention (H+P) is that XML-DEV continue and if there are topics which
are better suited to be on other fora we'll gently point that out.
XML-DEV's role is clearly evolving and so our goals are deliberately simple
'a list for XML developers'.

>2. Discussion on the pros and cons of comp.text.xml should be held on the
>news.groups newsgroup as stated in the RFD.

Fully agreed. Any burgeoning discussion of c.t.x. will be gently pointed
towards n.g

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg