Is MSXML pure Java?

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Tue May 5 22:17:05 BST 1998

>> The docs aren't JavaDoced either :(, but it does appear to
>> have its own Object Model which seems suspiciously like
>> DOM (which is understandable since MS is one of the submitters),
>> but different enough to be confusing.  Any word whether
>> MSXML will eventually support DOM native?
>>
>[Chris Lovett]  Yes, the plan is to support DOM.  The Java parser was
>written last year when the DOM was still in its infancy.
>So far the DOM is still a moving target.

FYI, My FREE-DOM package (formerly called SAXDOM) can be used with MSXML if
you combine two drivers: one for bridging FREE-DOM to SAX and another for
bridging SAX to MSXML.  A direct driver from FREE-DOM to MSXML as well as
other popular parsers is planned.

FREE-DOM can be obtained at:

http://www.docuverse.com/personal/freedom/index.html

Regards,