Parents and children (was RFD: comp.text.xml)

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Wed May 6 19:38:34 BST 1998

<Philosophical>

>People will blame the tool (XML), but the enemy is text itself.

That says it all, though I'd expand the enemies list to include many more
kinds of data.

During the excitement this weekend over these issues, I wrote an essay that
more completely describes my take on these issues.  I'm still tinkering, but
the basic framework is there.  You can check it out, if you like, at:

http://members.aol.com/simonstl/xml/lettinggo.htm

Comments and suggestions are welcome, though this list may not be the right
place for that.  The document has already been strengthened by a number of
assaults; just try to keep them friendly.

</Philosophical>

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)