Less verbose XML (Was: A little wish for short end tags (Was: RE: SDD bogus))

Bryan Gilbert Bryan_Gilbert at pml.com
Sat May 9 00:14:30 BST 1998

	From:	Steven DeRose [SMTP:sjd at eps.inso.com]
	Sent:	Friday, May 08, 1998 2:50 PM
	To:	xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
	Subject:	Re: A little wish for short end tags (Was: RE:
SDD bogus)
	Sorry, but with Win98 rumored to demand 64MB of RAM just to run
and with
	Moore's Law applying to memory prices, I can't muster much
enthusiasm for
	an argument that it is too costly to shave bytes on markup. If
you had to

Work for a while in a system that has 1/2 MB ROM,
maybe 1MB RAM, and a CPU that is managing
intense calculations and I/O.

Am I alone?  Or are there others out there with similar
constraints who want to use XML?  I'd like to hear from
you.

Thanks

Bryan Gilbert, B.Sc.  M.Sc.
Systems Engineer, ION Modules Team,
Power Measurement Ltd
2195 Keating Cros Road, Saanichton, BC, Can, V8M 2A5
Phone: (250) 652-7100 ext 7570
Fax: (250) 652-0411
email: (mailto:bryan_gilbert at pml.com)
WWW: (http://www.pml.com)