A little wish for short end tags (Was: RE: SDD bogus)

Paul Prescod papresco at technologist.com
Sun May 10 03:02:58 BST 1998

Marcus Carr wrote:

> Agreed. It would only be a matter of time before someone asked for:

Thankfully, whatever language the conversation is conducted in is likely
to have the word "no" in it. We've got quite proficient at using the
English version in the XML effort, which is why slippery slope arguments
strike me as bizarre. XML is precisely about achieving compromises --
about walking halfway down the slope without losing your balance.

Can we afford to feed that army,
 while so many children are naked and hungry?
Can we afford to remain passive,
 while that soldier-army is growing so massive?
  - "Gabby" Barbadian Calpysonian in "Boots"

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)