Is anybody working on ...

Cynthia Lenora Shern cys at arbortext.com
Mon May 11 02:06:21 BST 1998

Exactly - semantically significant is what I'm searching for here.

In my first message I gave the example of kindergarten through grade 12
text books and marketing surveys as two examples that might require such
types of abstractions.

For K-12 the markup would probably have some sort of pedagogical
significance. The marketing survey type might have some sort of statistical
or perhaps psychological semantic.

I think they are probably XML application specific. And probably some
extension or addendum to an existing document type definition.

So, based on what is hopefully more clarification, is anyone aware of some
markup models that are addressing this type information.

Cynthia Shern (cshern at arbortext.com)

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)