Less verbose XML (Was: A little wish for sh

Akitoshi Yoshida akitoshi.yoshida at sap-ag.de
Tue May 12 10:45:45 BST 1998

standard text compression algorithms can generally
compress files with short end-tags than those with
full end-tags because these standard algorithms
can't build the right source model for XML (in practice).

to increase the compression factor, one should
model the input source more accurately using the
XML specs and the DTD of the input file.
but in this case, encoding/decoding needs more work.

regards,
aki yoshida