Amit Amitr at abinfosys.com
Mon May 18 16:42:46 BST 1998

Hello All,
	   I am invoking the MSXML java parser through the XMLDSO class which I am
embeding in the <APPLET> tag in my HTML page.

        '<APPLET code="com.ms.xml.dso.XMLDSO.class" MAYSCRIPT id=xmldso
WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="50">' +
        '<PARAM NAME="URL" VALUE="magic.xml">' +
        '</APPLET>';

	   In my <APPLET> tag itself I am loading the XML file (magic.xml).
	   But I also want to call the DTD associated with the magic.xml file so
in the beginning of my XML(magic.xml) I gave

<?XML VERSION="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE MAGIC SYSTEM "Magic.dtd">

But, now when I run my HTML page which embeds the MSXML in the <APPLET> tag
the MSXML throws the following exception :-
"Cannot find External DTD Magic.dtd"

(The Magic.dtd file is present and is the same direc. as magic.xml)

	Why is the MSXML not being able to access the external DTD (Magic.dtd)?

	Thanx in advance,

						Regards,
						AMIT

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)