SAX: White space after last element

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Mon May 18 22:38:20 BST 1998

At 08:42 14/05/98 -0400, David Megginson wrote:
>SAX is very new, and I am very tired, after a difficult week (of which

Sympathies. I know what it's like. Came back expecting a few hours before
moving on only to find that lightning had blown the modem. Bought a new
one. Spent half the night trying to make it work. No luck. Had to swop it
the next day. Exhausted.

>SAX 1.0 was only a tiny part).  When I am better rested, I will take
>some time to test the different SAX implementations and to work with
>the authors to resolve any problems, or to take suggestions for
>clarifying the interface.  While Java interfaces and JavaDoc comments
>are useful, they are no substitute for a proper written specification,
>which I owe to all of you as soon as I can manage it.

This is a novel use of the word 'owe'. We owe you a great deal. I was
talking to some people in real life and they were saying how much they
appreciated SAX because it provided just what they wanted.

Documentation is never fun while you are writing it, but there is a little
bit of pleasure when you have finished it and can - metaphorically - put it
in a binder.

	P.