Comments, parsers, XPointers

John E. Simpson simpson at polaris.net
Wed May 20 21:28:57 BST 1998

At 01:26 PM 5/20/98 -0400, Chris Maden wrote:
>[John E. Simpson]
>> Thanks for any insights,
>
>Insight: XML != SAX.
Heh. Thanks. <slapping forehead/>

>A complete XPointer
>implementation would need to have access to the comments, though I'm
>not entirely sure what the purpose would be (except possibly for
>editing applications).
Well, as I just mentioned in a reply to DavidM, it's certainly not
*critical* that comments be made available to downstream apps other than
editors. But they seem to serve some valid purposes as well -- not
necessarily just of the "remind the author what this next thing does."

John

John E. Simpson			| It's no disgrace t'be poor,
simpson at polaris.net		| but it might as well be.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)