Proposed process for DTDs in XML

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sun May 24 21:26:39 BST 1998

At 14:48 24/05/98 -0400, Paul Prescod wrote:
[...helpful comments snipped...]
>To be honest with you, I think that correcting these flaws is a much more
>interesting project than merely rewriting the notation. The nice thing is
>that these problems can be fixed merely by *simplifying* and slightly
>redefining DTDs, not by extending them or making them more complex.

Thanks for these thoughts which give a useful new perspective.  I think
that they should form part of the first batch of questions, on which the
next batch should be based. For the cohesion of the community I think it's
important that the current DTD-approach can coexist with whatever comes out
of the present proposal (yes, we need a name :-).

As always we need to avoid things getting too complex.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)