Name for XML DTDs

Simon St.Laurent SimonStL at classic.msn.com
Mon May 25 02:51:52 BST 1998

Liam Quin wrote:

SSL> How about XTD?  [...]

JG> Sounds right.  I think you have a winner there...

LQ>Actually it sounds like STD, a sexually transmitted disease...

And here I was worried that it sounded like XTC, commonly used to describe a
drug, or a band that sounded like they took a lot of it.  Sex, drugs, rock n'
roll.  Okay, maybe it's not such a good idea.

XSchema sounds too inclusive to me, but it seems to be in the lead right now.

We'll see what people come up with in the next few days.  In the meantime,
there's plenty of work to do ('deciding what it is before fixing a name')
anyway.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)