XSD: Proposed Goals, Rev. 3

Mark Szpakowski szpak at well.com
Thu May 28 18:21:45 BST 1998

At 03:56 PM 5/28/98 +0000, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>Paul Prescod is using XSchema to describe this project, and slowly but
surely
>my resistance to that title is declining.  I need to hear from people how
they
>feel about that name - I don't mind using it, but I do want a consistent
name
>for this project effective tomorrow.
[...]
>The XSchema/XSD question is the largest looming issue I see right now.

I think XSchema is far more human-readable and understandable than XSD/SDD.
As has been mentioned, people can refer to the standard as XSchema, and to
a compliant doc as an XSchema document; they will almost certainly
abbreviate the latter to "an XSchema", with, I think, very little
consequent ambiguity.

By the way, when I first got into XML I naively assumed that of course a
DTD would be a well-formed XML document. I had to be forcibly disabused of
that notion.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Szpakowski