XSD: Proposed Goals, Rev. 3

Andrew Layman andrewl at microsoft.com
Fri May 29 00:03:43 BST 1998

Another possible interpretation of Tim Brays's mail would be that it asks,
not whether XML schemas might be supplemented/described by metadata using
RDF facilities, but whether the model and syntax of an XML schema should be
explicitly RDF (as described in http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-rdf-syntax/).

(As I use the terms, "metadata" means descriptive information summarizing or
supplementing a document, while "schema" means a collection of named items
and their definitions, which names and definitions are necessary for
understanding the document.  For example, a card catalog entry and a book
review are both metadata (relative to the book) while a dictionary and
grammar are schema.)