Retrieving attributes from an internal entity

Don Kackman DKACKMAN at agchem.com
Mon Nov 2 21:37:28 GMT 1998

Thanks for the quick reply Tim.

How about this one...

I'm declaring the following entity:

<!ENTITY pct "<unit name='Percent' symbol='%'/>">

When I try to load this with MSXML I get this error:

A name was started with an invalid character.
Line 0000003: ...getset='om'><unit name='Percent'
symbol='%'/>OM</variable>">

If I change % to any other character it loads fine. Can I use the %
symbol in an entity declaration? I suspect it thinks I'm trying to
insert a parameter entity.

Thanks again,

Don