xml parser

Robert Hanson rhanson at blast.net
Wed Nov 4 16:20:05 GMT 1998

I downloaded your control, and have some questions...

1. Why can't I get it to work?

Ok, that was only one question, but a serious one.

I'm am trying to add Perl to your list of "Tested with", but ran into some
problems.  Below is the code I used:

1.  use Win32::OLE;
2.
3.  $parser = Win32::OLE->new('SAX.SAXParser') or die $!;
4.  $parser->parseFile('c:\winn95\desktop\test.xml') or die $!;
5.  undef $parser;
6.
7.  sub characters
8.   {
9.   my ($sCharacter, $iLength) = @_;
10.  print "$sCharacter\n\n";
11.  }

It seems to be able to create the SAX object in line 3, but dies on line 4
with the parseFile method.  Is there anyway to
get an error from the parser to see what the problem is... maybe a
getLastError method?  If I get a chance, I may also try it out with
PerlScript (or VBScript) in ASP later this week.

...If you (or anyone else) have any other ideas on getting this to work,
please let me know.

Many thanks,
    Robert