Creation of XML documents

David Brownell db at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Nov 5 20:16:13 GMT 1998

Kurt Helenelund wrote:

> 	 I would like to ask if there's anyone
> that have the opposite problem i.e. for applications to create XML
> documents on-the-fly.

Like some other packages, Sun's supports this.  (In fact, I've been
a bit surprised how many people call this out as a favorite feature.
Even more than like its speed!)

	http://java.sun.com/jdc/earlyAccess/xml

Our model has thus far been that a complete XML package must support
a basic "round trip" of data -- though excluding the DTD info.  So
it's easy to just use XmlDocument.write (writer) to emit XML text.
Yes, this transparently handles stuff like "&" and "<" in text.

- Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)