Sun XML Lib

XML Doubts xmldoubts at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 20:17:04 GMT 1998

Hi,

Has any one used the Sun XML library. My question is how to access the
child nodes from the root.
I have tried

....main(String args[]){
XmlDocument doc;
Element root = doc.getDocumentElement();
System.out.println("\nRoot: "+root.getTagName());
System.out.println("\nFirstChild:"+
                    (root.getFirstChild()).getNodeName());
}
The first print statement prints the root element, but the second print
statement prints #text which is not what I want. I want to print the
node name.

Like for example in the XML file
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<poem>
<line>Roses are red,</line>
</poem>

The first print statement prints "poem"
The second print statement prints #text.
I want "line" to be printed.

And also how do I get the text inside the "line" tag.
This might be trivial question but I am just a beginner. So bear with
me.

Can anyone help.

Thanks.

Bye