Announce: Topic Map Standard out for Final Committee Draft Ballot

Rex Brooks rexb at rbcomdesign.com
Mon Nov 16 22:52:22 GMT 1998

Greetings,

I'm attaching a working proposal I made to the content development working
group of the vrml consortium, which I chaired until recently. As it turns
out, a recent post to our mailing list was made by Eric Pacquet, which I
will be forwarding to this list momentarily. Because the issue of Topic
Navigation Maps bears directly on this and includes the possibility of
forming a reflector if not a cross-standards working group aimed at
unifying the manageability of information resources on the web.

I also forwarded this paper to the enterprise wg list of the the VRML
Consortium which is changing its name to the Web3D Consortium in case you
didn't know. Daniel Lipkin, the chair of that group has been concerned with
xml integration, specifically with metadata concepts being included as a
node in VRML files. So, at the risk of seeming overly wide in my interests,
I think Eric's suggestions bear looking at.

Look for that post momentarily.

Ciao,
Rex Brooks