SAX in C++?

Tom Otvos tomo at pervasive.com
Tue Nov 24 16:36:55 GMT 1998

Are there any efforts underway to do a C++ version of SAX?  I know that
because of the dynamic class loading of Java, the C++ version would not be
as "functional" (short of requiring CORBA), but the motivation for having a
standard API to XML parsers is the same.

It should be a relatively simple exercise to put a SAX-like wrapper around
expat (has anyone done that???).  Are there, in fact, any other C or C++
parsers out there that need to be SAX-ified?  Or am I a standing on a lonely
little island in a large, Java-based XML sea?

Tom Otvos
Director of Research, Pervasive Software Inc.
"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)