Sun XML Lib

David Brownell db at Eng.Sun.COM
Sat Nov 28 17:28:39 GMT 1998

"Prashanth K. Salur" wrote:

> I have tried
> URL url = new URL(argv[0]);
> //where for e.g. argv[0] = "http://www.xyz.edu/xyx.xml"
>
> InputStream in = url.openStream();
> ..
> XmlDocument doc = XmlDocumentBuilder.createXmlDocument(in);
>
> But it does not work.
>
> Does anybody has a solution for this??

Not without seeing the diagnostics you were given !!

My _guess_ would be that the "xyz.xml" file includes some
sort of relative URL in it (e.g. for the DTD).  To fix that
class of problem, just feed argv[0] directly into the
document builder so that the parser can resolve it, or else
modify the document so it doesn't use a relative URL.  This
particular issue is noted in the method's documentation,
but it nonetheless seems to get a bit of confusion.

- Dave

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)