Computer Weekly

Andrew Fitzhugh fitzhugh at cup.hp.com
Sun Nov 29 18:29:33 GMT 1998

I did not read the article (I'm not willing to register and supply them all
personal contact information they required), but they may have it right.  I do
know that Microsoft had a press release earlier this year on SOAP (Simple Object
Access Protocol).  SOAP is an XML-based way to do RPC-like things, and could be
an alternative protocol to be used to extend DCOM to the Internet.  MS has said
nothing about SOAP since the initial press release, perhaps they are talking
now.

-- Andy
Andrew Fitzhugh                                      fitzhugh at cup.hp.com
HP Internet Imaging Operation                   http://hplaef.cup.hp.com