Web server logs in XML?

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Thu Oct 1 07:13:52 BST 1998

Dave Winer wrote:
>Bill, thanks for the link, here's where I found the spec:
>
>http://www.docuverse.com/xlf/NOTE-XLF-19980721-all.html
>
>But it's not much of a spec. Certainly not ready to be implemented from.
>
>I'd love to see an example XML log file. Or a pointer to one.

Dave,

You are right about the first draft of the XLF spec being not much of a spec
but a list of ideas and promises (you were always good at cutting through
the bull#$!@).  If you want an example, you will have to make one up
yourself because there isn't one except for the fragments found in various
XLF documents, proposals, and the archived messages.

The XLF Initiative is currently in a limbo because I was too busy to lead it
properly.  Alex Sirota of Everyware volunteered to be the new Chair and we
will see some forward movement soon.  At last count, the XLF Initiative had
about 60 members so once the spec is done, we can expect swift adoption by
the industry.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse