Welcome, DOM! - a copy of the list of changes
donpark at quake.net
Sat Oct 3 02:51:50 BST 1998
>Where is this list? Did it sneak by me on XML-Dev?
Following is from Arnaud Le Hors, W3C DOM Activity Lead.
* wstring changed to DOMString
* changed Attribute interface to Attr
* moved pi to extended interfaces
* even though this can't be formerly specified in IDL some attributes
are now defined to raise an exception on setting or getting. This
CharacterData.data, Node.dataValue, and ProcessingInstruction.data
* added text about duplicate entities and notations being discarded
* added text about entities and notations not being editable in any way
* changed INVALID_NAME_ERR to INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR
* added INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR exception to createEntityReference
* added text about the Entity nodes being readonly and not having any
* changed ExceptionCode to unsigned short
* added text about HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR being raised by
Node.insertBefore/replaceChild/appendChild when the specified node is
one of this node's ancestors.
* added text about the Notation nodes being readonly and not having any
* HTMLDocument.getElementById() returns null and not void if no matching
* changed attributes HTMLSelectElement.options and
HTMLSelectElement.length to readonly.
* clarified description of attribute HTMLTaleElement.rows
* changed attribute HTMLTableElement.tBodies to readonly
* TMLTableElement.tHead and TMLTableElement.tFoot return null and not
void if no such element exists.
* changed description of HTMLTableRowElement.insertCell() to make it
clear it inserts TD elements.
* changed attribute HTMLTableSectionElement.rows to readonly.
* added missing HTMLTextAreaElement.value attribute
* added a References section
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev