It's time for practical XML!

Paul Prescod papresco at technologist.com
Mon Oct 5 02:01:02 BST 1998

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> While it might not make sense to create the COM object, it might make a lot
> of sense to build supporting structures for VB, Delphi, PowerBuilder, and
> whatever other tool you like to work with.

Wouldn't VB, Delphi, PowerBuilder etc. users use Microsoft's COM object
parser? People do not, as an analogy, buy ".ini parsing libraries" for
these platforms. They use thin layers over the Microsoft-provided APIs.

Bart: Dad, do I really have to brush my teeth?
Homer: No, but at least wash your mouth out with soda.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)