Publishing papers on XML-dev work

Murray Maloney murray at muzmo.com
Wed Oct 7 17:00:48 BST 1998

At 08:56 AM 10/7/98 -0400, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

>What I would like is some *formal* way of getting 'academic' credit for
>these works. SAX, XSchema, are worthy of formal peer-review. I would be
>happy to explore XML-DEV as a mechanism for this, but others might want
>'safe' publication formats (i.e. paper journals).

As co-chair of the 8th International WWW Conference (http://www8.org/)
I encourage participants in this mailing list to submit papers
for peer review, presentation and publication in the Proceedings
of the conference. (http://www8.org/prepapercall.html)

Important Dates:
Paper submission deadline:  November 23, 1998
Author notification: February 1, 1999
Paper final version due:  March 1, 1999
Conference:  May 11-14, 1999 (Toronto)

The WWW8 Conference, sponsored by the International World Wide
Web Conference Committee (IW3C2), will consist of refereed technical papers,
tutorials, workshops, posters, a W3C track, and a Developer's Day track.
Technical papers present original reports of substantive new work in areas
that can be theoretical (models, analysis techniques, semantics), empirical
(experiments, case studies), or implementation-oriented (new systems,
tools, methodologies, user interfaces). Papers should properly place the
work within the field, cite related work, and clearly indicate the
innovative aspects of the work and its contribution to the development of
the WWW. Papers will be refereed by an international Program Committee.

Murray Maloney, Esq.          Phone: (905) 509-9120
Muzmo Communication Inc.      Fax:   (905) 509-8637
671 Cowan Circle              Email: murray at muzmo.com
Pickering, Ontario 		Email: murray at yuri.org
Canada, L1W 3K6

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)