XML data model

Steven R. Newcomb srn at techno.com
Wed Oct 7 23:06:25 BST 1998

[Bill LaForge, regarding Property Sets:]

> Some simple examples here might add a great deal to this discussion.
> I suspect that (a) this is vital, (b) I am not the only one
> unfamiliar with property sets, and (c) it is probably worth the
> bandwith to bring folks up to speed on this topic rather than simply
> cite some references.

We're a bit short on *simple* examples.  The two existing complete and
comprehensive property sets, one for SGML and the other for HyTime,
are quite challenging to absorb.  However, they can be made much
easier to absorb in small doses by means of interactively browsing a
browsable representation.  Using its "PropGrinder" technology to munge
the SGML and HyTime Property Sets, TechnoTeacher has created sets of
HTML files that accomplish this goal.  The SGML property set can be
found at

http://209.41.82.36/sgmlps

I think Eliot Kimber's PHyLIS demo uses a very simple (probably overly
simple, at least for industrial purposes) property set for CGM.

http://www.phylis.com

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn at techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 231 4098 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 0004 x137)
fax    +1 972 994 0087 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 3152)

3615 Tanner Lane
Richardson, Texas 75082-2618 USA

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)