XObjects (was TLAa was SOX)

Graham Moore graham.moore at dpsl.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 09:22:45 BST 1998

I like XObjects. XObjects IS what we are doing. Its like CLOS - common lisp
object system.

Does that mean we could have XOS - XML Object System ! SOX backwards makes
it all a little confusing I fear. :)

anyway interfaces.........

>        public interface Bindings
>        {
>                        public org.w3c.dom.Document
>                convert(org.xml.sax.InputSource inputSource)
>                       throws SAXException;
>        }

i think the above is at the right level. Is this part of a domBuilder
interface?

if so should 'convert' be 'build'

        public interface domBuilder
        {
                        public org.w3c.dom.Document
 build(org.xml.sax.InputSource inputSource)
                        throws SAXException;

          public org.w3c.dom.Document  build(org.xml.sax.InputSource
inputSource, org.w3c.dom.Document mappingDOM)
                        throws SAXException;

          etc.
        }

The second prototype is an example of how generic binding types might be
specified. The mappingDOM contains information regarding the instantiation
of the DOM from the inputSource.

graham.

gdm at dpsl.co.uk

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)