XML community outreach

Jason R. Cupp jcupp at essc.psu.edu
Thu Oct 8 16:49:56 BST 1998

I've been transforming FGDC (Federal Geographic Data Committee) XML
metadata for a while now using a parser I've written in PERL that knowns
about simple linking and the proposal-draft of XSL. Try
"http://www.pasda.psu.edu/documents/search.cgi?k=state+college+dem",
then click a result to see the result of the transformation. We have
over 2000 XML documents working together with simple linking and DTDs
that save us from redundancy and the hassle of changing all of those
documents when, for example, the name of a server would change. Because
our documents are large, everytime a document is requested and 'styled'
-- it is copied to a cache for quicker retrieval later... fun!

--
Jason R. Cupp (jcupp at essc.psu.edu)
Geographic Information Systems Programmer

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)