Looking for a redistributable XML editor

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 21:58:34 BST 1998

At 20:28 08/10/98 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Peter writes: [The XED licence precludes redistribution]
>
>Peter, I've responded positively in the past to requests for demos
>and/or use in teaching:  ask me and I'll give you an answer.

Many thanks.

	The first occasion is a seminar (in London) for businesses (see
www.netproject.com) which we are running from the University. [The
university - not the lecturers - are getting paid for this.] To make it
easy I have been copying major software onto CDROM for the participants. We
have not yet decided whether they can take the CDROMs away. If so, we might
charge them. It is always useful for people to continue to do things after
the event.

	So the various possibilities are:
		- demo XED to the class
		- distribute XED to the class and reclaim at it the end of the day. Tell
them that if they want it internally they can download it as long as they
use it for evaluation only and otherwise abide by the terms of the license.
		- allow them to take it away

	It is possible that we shall be asked to run further courses it which case
it would be useful to agree a general policy to avoid having to return to
you each time.

	BTW is there a publicly planned future for XED - i.e. is there likely to
be a chargeable product or is it primarily for internal use or what?

	Many thanks and best wishes,

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg