help on expat parser..

rajesh_n1 at verifone.com rajesh_n1 at verifone.com
Sat Oct 17 16:43:23 BST 1998

hi,
	I am trying to figure out how to use James Clark's expat parser.
I want the parser to be made dtd aware. That is if the xml document contains
something like,
<!DOCTYPE ROOTELT SYSTEM "filename.dtd">

then I want to do some initialisations based on the information in the file
filename.dtd

I guess, I should be able to define a function that will do what I want and
the parser can be made to invoke that function by setting it as one of the
handlers (which one??)

I tried setting it as the ExternalEntityReferenceHandler. But that doesn't seem
to invoke the function
on encountering the above line. If I set this function as  a DefaultHandler,
then it is invoked everytime
(for example, I have a different PI handler set, still this function is invoked
prior to the actual PI Handler)

Any idea, how to make the parser read the DTD file?

I am working on HPUX platform.
Thanks for any help,
Rajesh N

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)