HTML Rendition of New Testament

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Thu Oct 22 11:47:02 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay <M.H.Kay at eng.icl.co.uk>
>I have produced an HTML rendition of Jon Bosak's XML New Testament text,
>which I have placed on some borrowed webspace at
>http://www.wokchorsoc.freeserve.co.uk/bible-nt/index.html (It's a good
read,
>by the way).

Wonderful. Hopefully, it will soon be complemented by something I'm working
on: the Greek New Testament. Hmmm, I smell parallel corpora.

[...]
>* I don't see any support in XSL for generating a hyperdocument of this
>kind. Is this on the agenda?

I would imagine XSL will eventually let you generate multiple scroll objects
so you'll be able to do this. I've already put in a request that a tree
control formatting object be included for this sort of application.

I'm doing some research into the whole question of separation of web content
from navigation systems. It would be nice if it were achievable in a
standard declarative way.

>* Anyone else want to volunteer alternative approaches to achieving the
same
>effect, so we can compare?

I'll see how I go with the GNT.

James