A utility to make msxsl^H^H^H^H^H xt more useful

Andrew Bunner bunner at massquantities.com
Wed Sep 9 00:26:43 BST 1998

>Is < not working?! (found in point 2.4 of the XML standard). Hmmm.

  Not working the way one would expect it to. If I want to put < in the
generated file, I can just include it the XML source file as element
content. If I want to put < in the generated file, I'm out of luck.

  It looks like the only way to include Java Script in an XML document and
have it be processed in a way that preserves ',",&,< and > is to write your
own little utility. "Utility" is a friendlier way to say "ugly hack" in
this case.

>I believe that the standards stand on week legs, or at least the
standardization process of XML-related formats is not well-organized.

  My way of saying it is, "There is still much work to be done."

  I believe that msxsl does handle Java Script in an intelligent way.
However, I'd like to take this opportunity to learn the XSL Working Draft
now that I've found a processor that (almost) fully implements it.

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Founder Mass Quantities, Inc.
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)