[ANN] Kludgey workarounds for IE and Netscape

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Thu Sep 10 06:01:56 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Dent <dent at highway1.com.au>
>The contrast with most of the tools I've looked at (and books I've read) is
>to an XSL community that appear concerned with transforming one set of XML
>to another. To be honest, I keep feeling there's something I've missed here
>- if the transformation is just generating more XML I don't see that
>containing enough information for a renderer.

That's what the formatting object vocabulary is all about. You transform
your XML into XML that expresses formatting objects and their properties. My
software FOP, is an example that takes formatting objects and generates a
PDF file. I am planning on also doing the same with Tk widgets for screen
display.

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber at jtauber.com      http://www.jtauber.com/