Applying XML

Michael J. Suzio msuzio at anecdote.com
Fri Sep 11 17:19:37 BST 1998

I think one of the biggest wins and selling points for XML is that
is truely can be a universal data format, with no assumptions
made for how the data is to be parsed or used.
To drive this, we clearly are going to have to develop patterns and
examples of using XML schemas to describe data.  For instance, what is
the optimal way to represent spreadsheet data in XML?  Why re-invent
the wheel for every project like this?

So, just another good reason to start working publicly on DTDs/schemas
and archiving good document description patterns.

--
Michael J. Suzio
Interconnect of Ann Arbor

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)